Dear Parents and Friends of Clarion,
It has been another busy yet an amazing week at Clarion School.
1. CPC Dessert Barbeque – We would like to thank our Clarion Parent Community for arranging an event full of fun and activities. With a total of 140 Clarion parents and students attending, the event was a massive success.
2. CPC Bake Sale at Clarion – The Clarion Parent Community along with Clarion Cares is holding a Bake Sale for raising funds to show gratitude to our wonderful staff on Tuesday, November 22 from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm at Clarion Parent Cafe.
3. Clarion Commons – Our CPC in collaboration with Clarion Commons has arranged a "Raising Body Confident Children" workshop to be presented by Ms. Agne Skutelis on Monday, November 21 at our Atrium from 8:15 am to 9:00 am. Please find more information below in the newsletter.
4. Kindness Week – Thank you to our staff, led by Ms. Dani and our Grade 7 students for the wonderful presentations and activities that occurred this week. Our students demonstrated agency and commitment. We are truly impressed and proud of what was accomplished.
5. UAE National Anthem – Just a friendly reminder asking our parents and visitors to stand and pause while the UAE national anthem is played at the beginning of our school day, while on the school grounds or in the parking area. We are working with our students to understand the importance of this so would greatly appreciate the support of our parents.
6. Gratitude Day – Friday, November 25 will be a school holiday on account of Gratitude Day.
7. Dubai Fitness Challenge – We will be offering fitness activities, each Monday and Wednesday morning till November 23. The activities will be held on our school field starting at 7:30 a.m. This is open to all students and parents who wish to participate. Families can walk the field or participate in some fun games and activities planned.
We are also creating a healthy eating Ebook. If you have any recipes that we could add, we request you to email them to Ms. Narsisa at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Sports Jersey Day – Thursday, November 24, will be celebrated as Sports Jersey Day. Students can dress in their favorite Jersey.
9. School Uniform – We have noticed that a number of students are not wearing their school uniform to school. We ask our parents to ensure they send their child(ren) to school in the school uniform, each day.
10. Student Attendance and Lates – It is evident that student attendance at school plays an important factor in student success. Our schools revised attendance policy has been emailed to our parents. Please note that all extended student leaves in excess of 3 days require the submission of a request form. The form is available from Poonam at our atrium area or email: email@example.com, for a soft copy.
· A child who is 10 minutes late each day misses 32 hours of instruction in the year.
· A child who misses 1 day a week loses 2 months of instruction in the year.
· Half a day a week missed throughout the school life equates to 1 full year of lost education.
Students who arrive late to school will be required to obtain a late pass from Hemi at the atrium, before entering class.
11. Student Early Departures – We understand that on occasion students will need to leave early due to appointments. We ask that parents come to reception, we will then arrange for the student to be brought down. We ask that parents do not go directly to the class to pick up their children. This applies to all occasions where students are leaving prior to the end of the day.
12. Clarion Athletics – Children showed great sportsmanship, teamwork and determination throughout all the games! Also, our swimmers demonstrated outstanding progress with their strokes and cheered for each other’s performances.
We thank Mr. Samer (Grade 4 -A Yonas’s parent) who coached the Grade 4,5 and 6 students on Monday. He also coached for the U10 game v Ambassador International school.
Thank you to Mr. Sam (Anais’s and Elina’s parent) who delivered a Kickboxing session to Grade 4, 6 and 7.
This week, the athletic events included:
· Monday, November 14 – Under 8 football match at Horizon International School
· Tuesday, November 15 – Under 12 football match at Clarion School
· Tuesday, November 15 – DASSA Swim Gala at Deira International School
· Wednesday, November 16 – U10 football match at Clarion School versus Ambassador International Academy
Next week, the athletic events include:
· Tuesday, November 22 – U12 BOYS Football DASSA - G 5 and 6- at SAFA
· Tuesday, November 22 – Cross Country DASSA - Individual Meet 2- U8, U9, U10, U11 - at Dubai 7's Stadium
· Wednesday, November 23 – Under11 - Grade 5 boys - at Clarion (against Kings Nad Al Sheba)
· Wednesday, November 23 – U10 (Grade 4 boys) football DASSA at Royal Grammar School
13. Student Field Trips – Field trips are an important aspect of the educational program at Clarion school. Just a friendly reminder that field trips are not meant to be optional and that students are asked to participate unless they are home ill on the day of the trip.
Next week, the following field trips are scheduled:
· Monday, November 21 – Grade 1 A, B & C will go to Mushrif Park
· Monday, November 21 –Grade K1C & 3A will visit Fontana Circus
14. CPC Fundraiser – Our CPC had an exciting schedule of events including, Breast Cancer Awareness, Halloween, Dessert Barbecue and are coming up with Sustainability Initiatives and much more.
Please continue to send in your voluntary donation of AED 300 per student for CPC activities this year. There has been good effort overall to gather funds that the CPC can use to support all of its events and activities, for us as a community.
Contributions can be submitted as follows:
· Hand your contribution to any CPC member or to your child’s homeroom parent.
· Submit your contribution to your child’s teacher by hand or email them if it is sent in your child’s backpack for collection.
· Hand your contribution to Jafar, Finance Manager, in the accounting office.
15. Parents Clarion ID Card – Just a friendly reminder for our parents to ensure they wear their parent ID cards when on campus. Our staff will be monitoring that parents are wearing their cards at the gates. Please understand that this is asked for safety reasons.
In closing, I wish everyone a wonderful weekend and look forward to seeing you on Monday morning!