Dear Parents and Friends of Clarion,
It has been another busy and joyful week at Clarion School.
1. Trunk or Treat Event – A huge thank you to the American Moms of Dubai and our CPC for organizing this wonderful event. It was a tremendous success with over 300 people participating. A fun time was had by all!
2. CPC Desert BBQ – The CPC would like to invite the entire Parent Community for a fun day out in the desert on November 12. There will be activities for the whole family, a buffet dinner, a campfire and more!
3. Mindful Parenting Workshop – Our CPC in collaboration with Clarion Commons has arranged for a Mindful Parenting workshop to be presented by Ms. Pascale Daher on Wednesday, November 9 in our Atrium from 8:15 a.m to 9:00 a.m. Please find more information below in the newsletter.
4. Tune in Tuesday – Please come and see our students share their musical talents on the Clarion street. The next event will be on Tuesday, November 8 at 7:40 a.m.
5. UAE Flag Day – Was a huge success. Thank you to Ms. Eman and her team for preparing the students and drafting the ceremony plan. As well, a massive thank you to our facility team led by Ronnie who did an outstanding job in decorating and preparing the school for the event.
6. UAE National Anthem – We are very fortunate to live in Dubai and enjoy the amazing life we have here. In recognition and respect of the UAE, we ask our parents and visitors to stand and pause while the UAE national anthem is played at the beginning of our school day while on the school grounds or in the parking area. We are working with our students to understand the importance of this so would greatly appreciate the support of our parents.
7. Dubai Fitness Challenge – We will be offering fitness activity each Monday and Wednesday morning between Monday November 7 and Wednesday, November 23. The activity will be on our school field starting at 7:30 a.m. It is open to all students and parents who wish to participate. Families can walk the field or participate in fun games and activities planned.
We are also creating a healthy eating Ebook. If you have any recipes that we could add we ask you to email them to Ms. Narsisa at: email@example.com.
8. Seasonal Influenza Guide – Unfortunately it appears to be flu season. The local health authorities have published the following information to help guide us. We ask that parents do not send children to school if they are ill or have flu like symptoms. The link to the influenza guide is: https://www.dha.gov.ae/uploads/102022/Seasonal%20Influenza %20Awareness%20Guide_EN20221012496.pdf
9. School Uniform – We have noticed that a number of students are not wearing the school uniform to school. We ask our parents to ensure they send their child(ren) to school in the school uniform each day.
10. Student Attendance and Lates - It is evident that student attendance at school plays an important factor in student success. Our schools revised attendance policy has been emailed to our parents. Please note that all extended student leaves in excess of 3 days require the submission of a request form. The form is available from Poonam at our reception area or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
· A child who is 10 minutes late each day misses 32 hours of instruction in the year.
· A child who misses 1 day a week loses 2 months of instruction in the year.
· Half a day a week missed throughout the school life equates to 1 full year of lost education.
Students who arrive late to school will be required to obtain a late pass from our receptionist Poonam before entering class.
11. Clarion Athletics – We are very pleased to inform you that our athletics program for this school year has started. We are competing as a member of DASSA which is in the UAE.
This weeks athletic events included:
· Monday, October 31 – Under 9 Football team played with Nibras School and lost. A well played match with a score of 3 – 1.
· Wednesday, November 2 – Under 10 Football team played with Hartland School and earned a tie score with a score of 1 –1
· Wednesday, November 2 – Under 11 Football team played with Aquila School and lost. A well played match with a score of 4 – 1.
Next weeks athletic events include:
· Monday, November 7 – Under 9 football team travels to Royal Grammar School
· Tuesday, November 8 – Under 12 football match at Dubai English Speaking College
Congratulations to the our football teams. Our teams continue to play well and make us very proud of their efforts.
12. Student Field Trips – Field trips are an important aspect of the educational program at Clarion school. Just a friendly reminder that field trips are not meant to be optional and that students are asked to participate unless they are home ill on the day of the trip.
Next week, the following field trips are scheduled:
· Tuesday, November 8 – Class K1A will take a bus tour of Dubai DIFC.
· Wednesday, November 9 – Class 3A and 3B will visit the Al Dhaid Wildlife Centre Sharjah
· Wednesday, November 9 – Grade 3, 4 and 5 students who are part of the Esports CCI will take a field trip to Dubai Exhibition Center - Expo City.
13. CPC Fundraiser - Our CPC had an exciting schedule of events including, Breast Cancer Awareness, Halloween and are coming up with Sustainability Initiatives, a desert trip and much more.
Please continue to send in your voluntary donation of AED 300 per student for CPC activities this year. There has been good effort overall to gather funds that the CPC can use to support all of its events and activities for us as a community.
Contributions can be submitted as follows:
· Hand your contribution any CPC member or to your child’s homeroom parent.
· Submit your contribution to your child’s teacher by hand or email them if it is your child’s backpack for collection.
· Hand your contribution to Jafar, Finance manager, in the accounting office.
14. Parents Clarion ID Card: Just a friendly reminder to our parents to ensure they wear their parent ID cards when on campus. Our staff will be monitoring that parents are wearing their cards at the gates. Please understand that this is asked for safety reasons.
In closing, I wish everyone a wonderful weekend and look forward to seeing you on Monday morning!