Dear Parents and Friends of Clarion,
Our school continues to be a very busy place. We sincerely appreciate all the support of our parents in making Clarion such a wonderful place!
1. Nafas Breathwork – Clarion School hosted a Nafas Breathing workshop conducted by Walid Aboulnaga, a former Clarion parent on January 7. This was a very popular event with over 70 people in attendance. Clarion would like to thank Walid for providing our parents with this opportunity.
2. CPC Upcoming Events – Save the date for the upcoming CPC events:
More information on these and other events will be shared in the near future.
3. Mindful Parenting Workshop – A dedicated Group Coaching Program for Parents will be hosted at Clarion in person - by Pascale Daher a Clarion Parent. You can sign up on this form: https://forms.gle/FCedDyP7t7Gozrcg9
4. Student After-school Activities – Our next round of CCI’s (internal) will commence February 6. Current CCI’s will continue until February 1. The signup sheet will be shared with students and families in the week of January 23.
5. Semester 1 Report Cards – Will be distributed to families on January 23. Parent Teacher Conferences will occur on January 25 from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Zoom options will be available for those who cannot attend onsite during this time. Just a friendly reminder that students do not attend school on this day and that they are encouraged to attend the interviews.
6. Student Attendance and Lates – We would like to thank our parents for assisting us by ensuring their children attend school regularly and are not late. We continue to have 10% of our students absent on a daily basis. KHDA has provided us with a standard of having only 2-5% of our students absent. Our student attendance and punctuality are priorities for our school. We are asking for our parents support to ensure that their children attend school and are on time each day.
Student absence for the reason of holiday travel is not considered an excused absence as per KHDA guidelines. Please note that all extended student leaves in excess of 3 days require the submission of a request form. The form is available from our reception area or email: email@example.com.
7. Clarion Sports – We are very pleased to inform you that our sports program for this school year has started. We are competing as a member of DASSA which is in the UAE.
Also, kudos to the U8-U11 Cross Country team who took part at the Dassa Cross - Country Relay. Incredible determination and teamwork!
Next weeks sports events will include:
8. Student Field Trips – Field trips are an important aspect of the educational program at Clarion school. Just a friendly reminder that field trips are not meant to be optional and that students are asked to participate unless they are home ill on the day of the trip.
This week, the students went on following field trip:
In closing, I wish everyone a wonderful weekend and I look forward to seeing everyone on Monday, January 16!
Leave a Reply